A countertop blender is a very helpful kitchen appliance that saves time and energy by effectively blending food. It is an ideal choice for making smoothies, milkshakes, mixing pancake batter, baby food along with many other things. Most modern kitchens own one and it is used regularly in day to day kitchen tasks. If you don’t own one yet and are thinking of buying one Blender Reviews will guide you in your pursuit. Here are some tips you can follow along with the instructions on the manual booklet to use your blender smoothly and effectively:
- To avoid any food splashes, keep the lid on the jar of your blender while blending. Remove the lid when the motor has turned off completely.
- Not all blenders are powerful enough to handle hard foods like crushing ice. Unless the manual clearly states that that your blender can crush ice, use it only to blend liquids and soft foods. Using a blender which is not designed for tough tasks to crush ice can damage the motor as well as the blades.
- Avoid running it in one go for a long period. Let it run for a while, turn it off and then run it again after a couple of seconds. Motors of standard benders are not strong enough to operate for extended periods without breaks. They will get hot and might be exposed to the risk of burning if left on for a long duration. Pulse option is the most suitable for most blending tasks.
- Do not fill the blender jar to the rim. Leave some room for expansion of the ingredients to prevent overflow while blending. Do not fill it beyond two-third of its capacity. If your recipe requires larger quantities, blend it in batches.
- Not all countertop benders are designed to handle hot liquids. Do not blend hot liquids unless the manual clearly says so. If the manual allows you to blend hot liquids, remove the filter cap in the middle of the lid while blending hot ingredients to allow steam to escape. With hot ingredients, allow more room for expansion, filling the jug to only half its capacity.
- Do not immerse the base of the blender in water because it will damage the motor inside. To remove any food stains from it, use a damp cloth to wipe it.
- Cut fruits or vegetables into smaller pieces for easier and faster blending and to prevent any damage to the motor.
- First add the liquid ingredients and then the solid ingredients so that the blades can rotate smoothly.
- After use, wash the jar and the blade thoroughly making sure there is no food left stuck on the walls of the jar or on the blades. Dry it completely before storing it to prevent any bacterial growth.
Follow these instructions along with those provided in the manual to maximize the effectiveness and safety while using your countertop blender. It is not advisable to use your blender to perform tasks it is not designed for. With proper care a good quality blender will serve you for years before you have to worry about buying a new one.